Mr. Marini Weekly Messages
- AP US HISTORY EXAM: NOON ON MAY 15TH
- Tues. 4/14 So College Board has been having classes posted on YouTube, up until recently the classes were all Periods 8 and 9 which is worthless, but they finally started putting review ones on there, her is the link: YouTube Review
- Fri. 5/1 Super important everyone, the Collegeboard has set up a practice test sign in to get you used to how the test will work when you actually take it. Definitively do this and let me know if it you can get it figured out.
- Tues. 5/5 So you have an assignment for scrambled docs. for this week but for next week I created, as close as possible, a DBQ like you will actually take. I put it on Schoology, since Schoology is actually working pretty well. It is 45 minutes with 5 docs just like the May 15th test. It is about the Great Depression/New Deal(Ch. 26) so definitely review that before you take it. I wanted to give it you early so if you have time this week and want to get it done you can.
Mr. Marini Office Hours
Week 1 (April 7-10)
- Progressive Era DBQ
- This DBQ is due on Schoology on Friday 4/17 by midnight
- Below is the the DBQ itself, the modified rubrice and a Powerpoint that will help you with it.
- THE DBQ IS DIFFERENT, BUT EASIER, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE RUBRIC AND MR MARINI'S PP.
Week 2 (April 13-17)
- REVIEW-Go through the PERIOD REVIEW PART 1 power point and then send an email or type your submission on Schoology with your answer to the exit ticket
- DBQ PRACTICE-Go through the 3 documents from the American Revolution and email or submit in Schoology a summary and either POV, audience, purpose, historic context of 2 out of the 3 docs.
Week 3 (April 20-25)
- REVIEW-Go through the PERIOD REVIEW PART 2 power point and then send an email or type your submission on Schoology with your answer to the exit ticket
- DBQ PRACTICE-Go through the 3 documents from the lead up to the Civil war and write an argument that ties the three together and answers the prompt (prompt is with the docs). Email or Schooligize it. (Is that a word?...it is now)
Week 4 (April 27-May 1)
- REVIEW-Go through the Image-Cartoon Review and then email or Schoologize Mr. Marini the exit ticket
- DBQ PRACTICE-Go through the 3 visual documents, "Imperialism Cartoon Review" and connect them. (Like you did with the exit ticket, but no help from Mr. Marini this time.)
Week 5 (May 4-May 9)
- REVIEW-Go through the PDF "Scrambled Document Review" and see if you can match all the People/Events/Ideas to the documents that have no source.
- When you finish that go ahead and look at the Google Slides presentation "Scrambled Document Answers" and get the answers with a brief explanation from Mr. Marini. Email or Schoologize your the Exit Ticket from the Slides presentation.
Week 5 (May 11-May 15)
- LAST DBQ!!! Its on Schoology, if you want to review the specifics of how it will be scored go back to week 1 and look at the info there. Otherwise it is on the Great Depression and should give you a solid simulation of what you have to actually do on the 15th.